Eileen is a Partner with the Construction & Projects and Corporate Real Estate Practice Group. Her focus practice area is in construction law and she has handled significant assignments involving infrastructure and energy projects (biomass energy facility, solar power plants and gas-fired combined cycle plant).
Her clients include project owners, power producers and developers, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (“EPC”) contractors, general contractors and subcontractors. She has negotiated and advised on tender bids, concession agreements, EPC contracts, operation and maintenance agreements, long term service agreements and power purchase agreements.
Eileen also practices in the Corporate Real Estate Practice Group where she has acted for local, national and foreign clients on various matters involving land lease agreements, tenancy agreements for multi-tenanted commercial properties including shopping malls, disposal and acquisition of commercial real estate, joint development agreements and land development matters.
Construction & Projects:
- Advised a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Oil and Gas Company of Malaysia in respect of the Co-generation Plant in Johor generating 1,220 megawatts (MW tph) of electricity and supply of steam of up to 1,480 tonnes per hour, including negotiating and drafting the project documentation which includes the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning Contract, the Long Term Service Agreement, the Power Purchase Agreement, the Sale and Purchase of Steam and Power Agreement, the Transmission Works Agreement and the Operation and Maintenance Agreement.
- Advised an investee company of the national strategic investment fund on the development, design, construction, operation and maintenance of a 100tpd scheduled waste to energy plant complete with interconnection facilities in Malaysia, including advising, negotiating and drafting project documentation including but not limited to the Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contract.
- Advised an investee company of the national strategic investment fund in its bidding exercise for the development, financing, construction, operation and maintenance of a 365,000tpa waste to energy waste treatment facility in Malaysia, including but not limited to advising on the Concession Agreement, the Renewable Energy Power Purchase Agreement, drafted the term sheet for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contract and the Operation and Maintenance Agreement.
- Advised a public-listed investment holding company which operates port operations, investment holding and industrial property in respect of the turnkey contract for the material handling system in connection with the expansion of its bulk terminal.
- Advised the Project Owner of a 50MW Large Scale Solar Photovoltaic Plant in Sabah, Malaysia including negotiating and drafting the project documentation which includes the EPC Contract, the Power Purchase Agreement and the Operation and Maintenance Agreement.
- Advised a major gas distribution company in Malaysia in a pipeline construction and operating agreement in respect of a development in Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia and in a pipeline sale and purchase agreement.
- Advised a Malaysia-based major multinational conglomerate on the applicable laws and regulations in respect of a Proprietary Mining Licence for a territory in the State of Kedah and mining agreements.
- Acted as the Legal Consultant to the Federal Department of Town and Country Planning of Peninsular Malaysia under the Ministry of Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government in preparing the Guidelines for the Implementation of Transit Oriented Development in Malaysia.
Corporate Real Estate:
- Acted for a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) listed on the main board of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad in preparing the master tenancy agreement for a multi-tenanted mixed-development property and lease agreements for various multinational organizations.
- Acted and negotiated for a large private corporation in:
- the master tenancy agreement for a multi-tenanted commercial property located in Kuala Lumpur Sentral;
- the design, build and lease agreements for various multinational organizations in various locations in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur; and
- the sale of several commercial properties located in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur.
- Acted for an investee company of the national strategic investment fund in the Lease Agreement involving 40 acres of land in Johor for purposes of development and construction of a satellite waste management centre which may comprise of an off-site storage facility, a waste water treatment facility, a scheduled waste-to-energy facility, an oil and chemical recovery facility and/or an operational jetty.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, Kuala Lumpur Bar