Chong Moi is a partner in Christopher & Lee Ong. She graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration from National University of Malaysia before proceeding to do her law degree. After completing her Certificate in Legal Practice, she joined a large law firm in Kuala Lumpur in 1994. She joined Lee Ong & Kandiah in October 2003 but left in early 2005 to join a merchant bank as an inhouse counsel. She rejoined Messrs Lee Ong & Kandiah in February 2008.
Chong Moi is principally involved in the areas of general civil litigation, administration of estate and estate litigation, corporate and commercial litigation and banking litigation.
Selected Reported Case(s)
Amongst the reported cases Chong Moi is involved in are:-
- Lee Thye v Societe Generale Cawangan Singapura 1 CLJ 170, Court of Appeal;
- Re Teoh Heng Han; Ex p OCBC Bank (M) Berhad 9 CLJ 328, High Court Malaya, Kuala Lumpur;
- Societe Generale Cawangan Singapura v Lee Thye @ Lee Chooi Yoke 10 CLJ 563, High Court Malaya, Kuala Lumpur;
- Woodsville Sdn Bhd v Giltspur Holdings Sdn Bhd & Ors 4 MLJ 566, 1 CLJ 300, High Court Malaya, Kuala Lumpur;
- Abdul Latif Mohamed Ibrahim v International Factors Leasing Pte Ltd 2 MLJ 369, 2 CLJ 140, Court of Appeal;
- Woodsville Sdn Bhd v Tien Ik Enterprises Sdn Bhd & Ors 1 LNS 335, High Court Malaya, Kuala Lumpur;
- Leader Cable Industry Bhd v Tiong Nam Trading & Transport (M) Sdn Bhd (Ramachandran Naidu & Anor as Third Parties) 5 MLJ 661, High Court Malaya, Kuala Lumpur;
- International Factors Leasing Pte Ltd v Winds Cruises Pte Ltd & Ors 4 MLJ 165, High Court Malaya, Kuala Lumpur;
- Regional Centre for Arbitration v Ooi Beng Choo & Anor 2 MLJ 383, High Court Malaya, Kuala Lumpur;
- Commercial Union Assurance (M) Sdn Bhd v Ng Chek Hung and Another Appeal 2 MLJ 465; 3 CLJ 189, Court of Appeal;
- Ng Ah Ho v Hong Leong Finance Bhd 3 CLJ 582, High Court Malaya, Kuala Lumpur;
- Syarikat Telekom Malaysia v Business Chinese Directory Sdn Bhd 1 CLJ 596, Court of Appeal
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, Kuala Lumpur Bar
- Author of Wills and Estate publications, By Lawyers For Lawyers.
- Assisted in the review of the Rules of Court 2012 in relation to Non-Contentious Probate Proceedings.