Intan has practiced exclusively in the areas of Technology, Media & Telecommunications and Data Protection law since 1999.
Intan advises clients on matters relating to IT contracts, electronic commerce, online financial services, outsourcing and digital media as well as personal data protection. She specialises in structuring, drafting and negotiating information technology contracts and electronic as well as mobile commerce services.
Intan has acted on numerous public & private sector IT turnkey contracts, large financial sector outsourcing projects, and played a key role in the development of several first of its kind electronic financial services deployed in Malaysia. Other than this, she also advises clients on the registration, protection and commercialisation of their intellectual property both locally as well as outside Malaysia.
Intan’s clients include major public listed corporations, multinational companies, financial institutions, public sector agencies, information technology vendors, telecommunications service providers and industry associations.
- Advised the chosen concessionaire of the insurance industry on the structuring and setting up Malaysia’s nationwide on-line automotive insurance claims system
- Acted for several Malaysian financial services groups in negotiating their respective contracts for the replacement of their core banking systems, and the relevant licensing, support and maintenance agreements
- Advised and acted for several Malaysian financial services groups in negotiating a variety of outsourcing arrangements, including but not limited to the outsourcing of IT infrastructure, application management, security services, self-service terminals and the transfer of the relevant staff
- Advised and acted for a major Malaysian conglomerate active in the development and operation of expressways, in property development, engineering and construction works, etc. on the preparation of the relevant tender documents and agreements, inclusive of negotiation of the same, in relation to their IT Transformation program
- Advised several Malaysian hospitals on the licensing and implementation of total hospital information management systems
- Advised a national security agency on the preparation of standard documentation to assist in their tender and contracting processes, as well as negotiating a variety of contracts for the said client
- Advised the Malaysian Intellectual Property Office (MyIPO) in the drafting of various agreements required for setting up an online Intellectual Property marketplace for the listing, valuation and trading of Intellectual Property
- Acted for a consortium of companies on the implementation of Mobile Number Portability in Malaysia and negotiated the various agreements between the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, mobile operators and the consortium partners
- Advised several telecommunications companies on the preparation of their terms and conditions for specific services vis-à-vis their clientele
- Advised a publicly listed telecommunications company in relation to an agreement for the provision of a national emergency telecommunications service pursuant to the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Act 1998
Personal Data Protection
- Advised a broad range of institutional clientele on compliance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 prior to its enactment, including conducting audits of their personal data collection practices, making recommendations for compliance, amending the their relevant agreements, drawing up relevant policies and procedures
- Advised various multi-nationals on specific issues privacy, e.g. transfer of personal data abroad, privacy notices for employees and agreements with data processors
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Licensing Executive’s Society Malaysia
- Member, Malaysian Intellectual Property Association