Ju-Lien’s commenced her legal practice in the Attorney General’s Chambers of Malaysia under the international affairs advisory division, prior to joining private practice in 2013. Her areas of practice are mergers & acquisitions, corporate commercial, regulatory and employment.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted for a Chinese state-owned insurance company in the proposed acquisition of a minority interest in a general insurance operator in Malaysia.
- Acted for a Chinese leading electronics manufacturing and telecommunication technology company in the acquisition of a controlling stake of a Dutch semiconductor manufacturing business.
- Acted for an American global food processing corporation in its bid for acquisition of an animal nutrition and livestock breeding business located in Asia Pacific.
- Acted for a Japanese IT solutions service provider in its acquisition of an IT consulting business based in Singapore and Malaysia.
- Acted for a Singapore general insurance company in its proposed acquisition of a majority interest in a general insurance business in Malaysia.
- Acted for a an Indian technological and business services in its acquisition of an online career and recruitment platform.
- Acted for a Malaysian network facilities provider in the proposed acquisition of telecommunication tower assets.
- Acted for a Chinese energy corporation listed on the HKEX in the acquisition of energy assets from a state-owned strategic development company.
- Acted for a foreign company in the business of third party claims administrator in the acquisition of a loss adjusting company.
- Acted for government-linked private equity firm in the acquisition of a majority stake in a mobile transaction gateway services provider in Malaysia.
Joint Ventures and Investments
- Acted for Ireka Corporation Berhad in its joint venture with CRRC Urban Traffic (Europe) Co Ltd to explore transportation business opportunities in Malaysia and the South-East Asian region.
- Acted for Ireka Corporation Berhad in its joint venture with Hankyu Hanshin Properties Corp. for the development of real properties in Nilai.
- Acted for a Korean financial services company in its investment into a private capital syndication platform based in Singapore.
Telecommunications and Technology
- Acted for BLoyalty Pte Ltd in its collaboration with Wirecard Singapore Pte. Ltd for the development of a loyal management system and mobile application.
- Acted for Celcom Networks Sdn Bhd in the tender for turnkey contract to provide operation support services (OSS) solution.
- Advised clients on industrial relations and employment issues, including retrenchment, dismissal of employees and mutual separation arrangements.
- Assisted clients to in their internal domestic inquiries arising from misconducts.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Contributed an article to the Sun (Legally Speaking Column) entitled “The Dynamics of Venture Capital” published in June 2017.
- Contributed to Chartered Secretaries Malaysia’s (MAICSA) Corporate Vo!ce (July-Sept issue) entitled “Transfer of Shares in Private Companies – Pre & Post Companies Act 2016”.