Kimberly was admitted to the Singapore Bar in 2011 and spent several years in practice in Singapore, including at Rajah & Tann Singapore. She was admitted as a solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales in 2013. She relocated and continued legal practice in Malaysia in 2015. Her practice areas are in Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Markets, and Corporate and Commercial Advisory.
Kimberly was recently named as a Next Generation Lawyer in Corporate & M&A by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018.
Kimberly's experience includes:
- Acted for a company listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange in its competitive bid for the acquisition of shares in a Malaysian headquartered company with operations in Singapore and Indonesia in the business of sale, marketing and distribution of cosmetics, beauty and skincare products and other related products.
- Acted as the Malaysian counsel to a group of companies headquartered in Singapore in connection with its listing and IPO on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited. The group engages in the provision of beauty services and sale of beauty products, and operates retail outlets internationally including across Singapore, Malaysia, the PRC, and Hong Kong.
- Advised a company listed on the Main Market of Bursa Securities, in its competitive bid for the acquisition of shares in a Malaysian insurance company.
- Advised Valeo SA, a company listed on Euronext Paris, in its acquisition of a Malaysian automotive parts manufacturer which is a subsidiary of a Singapore listed company, Frencken Group Limited in a transaction valued at approximately RM132 million.
- Acted as Malaysian counsel for Mitsui OSK Lines Ltd in its acquisition of 20.9% share in a leading Malaysian logistics group, PKT Logistics Group Sdn. Bhd.
- Advised Zhiyuan International Investment and Holding Group (Hong Kong) Co. Limited in its proposed investment in the Perwaja Group at a transaction value of RM1.8 billion.
- Advised Trescal, a company in the calibration service sector headquarterd in France, on the acquisition of Pyrometro Services Sdn Bhd, a Malaysia-based calibration service provider.
- Advised ISEC Sdn. Bhd., a subsidiary of ISEC Healthcare Ltd., in its acquisition of 100% equity in Southern Specialist Eye Centre Sdn. Bhd.
- Acted as Malaysian counsel for a Chinese conglomerate in its acquisition of an international sporting events sponsorship and hosting group at a global deal value of approximately USD650 million.
- Advised a Singapore-based real estate company in its proposed acquisition of a majority shareholding in a property development company in Malaysia with land interests in the Iskandar Development Region with a deal value of approximately RM220 million.
- Acted as Malaysian counsel for foreign corporations in conducting due diligence reviews on Malaysian targets in various industries including retail, manufacturing and service industries in connection with proposed acquisition.
- Advised on regulatory requirements under Malaysian law in respect of the offering, marketing and distribution of foreign investment funds in Malaysia.
- Contributor, chapter on "Establishing a Presence in the Doing Business in Malaysia Guide" published by the firm at https://www.christopherleeong.com/our-work/publications/doing-business-in-malaysia
- Contributor, chapter on "Restrictions or Other Laws on Code Takeovers in the Guide to Takeovers in Malaysia" published by the firm at https://www.christopherleeong.com/our-work/publications/guide-to-takeovers-in-malaysia