Rubini is presently a Partner in the litigation practice group dealing with diverse cases in general litigation.
She pursued her LLB degree at University Malaya and was called to the Malaysian Bar in April 2004. Rubini’s main area of practice has always been litigation and she joined the firm in July 2013. Her experience covers a broad spectrum of cases ranging from contractual to employment disputes.
Rubini has also been involved in the conduct of arbitrations and adjudications involving construction disputes.
- Assisted as junior counsel at the Federal Court of Malaysia for a statutory body corporate in Perbadanan Kemajuan Kraftangan Malaysia v DW Margaret David Wilson  5 CLJ 899 where the Federal Court had to consider whether a statutory body corporate has the discretion to appoint private solicitors in instituting or defending itself in a legal proceeding. The Federal Court decided in favour of the statutory body corporate based on the interpretation of the statute governing these bodies and affirmed the position that a statutory body has a discretion to appoint solicitors of their choice in legal proceedings.
- Acted as junior counsel in a hearing at the High Court to set aside and resist enforcement of a judgement based on an adjudication decision pursuant to the Construction Industry Payment & Adjudication Act 2012 (CIPAA) which came in force in Malaysia in 2012. This case was one of the first few test cases on this subject matter before the High Court.
- Part of the team of lawyers that worked with a local municipal council in respect of disputes involving external contractors and acting for them in the various legal proceedings initiated against them by the external contractors.
- Assisted as junior counsel in the conduct of a minority oppression suit and a suit involving breach of director’s fiduciary duties.
- Advising companies on various industrial and employment related matters covering dismissal of employees, conduct of domestic inquiry and implications of the change of ownership of business on the employees and mutual termination.
- Advising companies on redundancy and retrenchment exercises.